By Megan Hartman, Strategic Marketing & PR Manager
As we’re all adjusting to our new normal, businesses also need to shift their marketing strategies in order to be effective during COVID-19. With everyone working remotely, a comprehensive digital marketing strategy is crucial to reaching target customers.
Which Digital Outlets Should Businesses Utilize?
There are many digital outlets businesses can use to reach their customers. However, it is important businesses focus on the right outlets in order to most effectively use their resources. Businesses should consider utilizing the following digital outlets:
- Website: A business’ website is the digital face of the company and is an easy way to promote valuable information to customers. Businesses should use their website homepage to post any important information on COVID’s impact on customers or your business’ operations. It’s also a great place to store and continuously add resources such as blogs or other informative pages that provide valuable information to customers.
- Social Media: Social media is a crucial piece to a company’s digital marketing strategy. It allows companies to reach a variety of customers on a consistent basis. Developing a social media strategy for your company will ensure you’re choosing the correct networks, posting the right content for your audience and using your resources most effectively. Your strategy will have to be altered during COVID to ensure you’re providing content that is valuable to your audience during these times.
- Newsletter: An email newsletter is a great way to reach your customers and provide them with the information you want them to see. If you have company updates that are important to your customers or if you’re developing informative resources that will be valuable to them during COVID, an email newsletter will be an effective way to get in their inbox. It is important to provide information consistently, but not overwhelm customers. A weekly or biweekly newsletter is generally a safe amount of spacing between emails to not burden customers.
How to Use These Outlets Effectively
Once you determine the right digital outlets to utilize to reach your customers, it’s important you are being mindful of the tone and type of information you are sharing with your customers. When developing content for digital outlets, remember the following tips:
- Tone: While the world is suffering, it is important to keep the delicate nature of the situation in mind with everything you push out. It is not necessary to address COVID in everything, but it is important to be mindful of the type of content you’re developing and its tone. You do not want to be insensitive to anyone who has been impacted by the virus or be overly promotional of your business.
- Valuable Info: There is an infinite amount of information that is pushed out daily – COVID-related and not virus-related. If you want people to pay attention, you must develop content that is valuable for your audience. Do not push out content just to be out there. Find topics and information that your customers will find relevant. You want to look like an expert and make your company more valuable during these times.
- Quantity: Do not overwhelm your customers with information. Find a reasonable spacing of posts, emails, etc. that you are pushing out. If you do too much, people will stop paying attention. However, you also want to be consistently pushing out information. Do not be erratic in your posting. Set a schedule where you are consistently sharing valuable content to your audience.
The virus will continue to disrupt lives and businesses for the foreseeable future. Businesses that adjust their marketing strategies effectively will be more successful in reaching their customers and growing their business.
To learn how Verasolve can help your company with its marketing strategy, contact Katie Jordan at email@example.com.