Virginia-based Electrosoft Services, Inc., a provider of diverse technology-based solutions and services to the federal government, is fast approaching its graduation from the Small Business Administration 8(a) Business Development program. Because it will leave the 8(a)-set-aside program, the firm needed to position itself to successfully transition and compete with much larger federal contractors. Electrosoft understood the importance of strategic marketing and PR in establishing the firm as a thought leader in the cybersecurity field and conveying the firm’s capability to deliver extraordinary results for federal agencies.
Verasolve has worked with Electrosoft across three years, first conducting messaging and strategic planning workshops to define the company’s core value propositions and align marketing and PR with company initiatives. Verasolve then developed a strategic approach leveraging traditional and new media marketing and public relations tactics including:
- Refreshing the existing website with new messaging, improved navigation and better aesthetics, supplemented by frequent content updates.
- Using social media platforms to establish an online presence, drive website traffic and broaden name recognition.
- Pursuing earned media coverage, speaking engagements and award wins to increase name recognition and thought leadership stature.
- Issuing a quarterly newsletter targeting current customers, prospects and business partners.
Collectively, these initiatives better positioned the Electrosoft brand for its anticipated transition in the government contracting marketplace. Verasolve’s efforts also contributed to significant organic business growth as well as new market penetration. Year-over-year revenue growth was 40% in 2018 and 68% in 2019.
- Published over 25 blogs, many of which Verasolve ghostwrote, and added over 70 content pieces to the website.
- Generated over 170 media placements through press releases and media alerts.
- Placed feature and bylined articles in key trade and business publications such as Washington Business Journal, Channel Futures, GCN, Security Boulevard and Security Today, among others.
- Secured numerous award wins including Washington Business Journal (WBJ) Minority Business Leader Award, U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce Stellar Award and FedHealthIT Leading for Impact, Women in Leadership Award as well as placement on the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies, WBJ Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in the DC Region and WBJ List of Largest Cybersecurity Companies in Greater DC, among others.
- Increased LinkedIn followers by 80% and Twitter followers by 475%.
- Developed and issued a quarterly newsletter that regularly achieved click rates far exceeding the industry average.
- Encouraged video use and leveraged shoots promoting the company (Shark Tank Live Webcast) and demonstrating thought leadership (Government Matters).
“Since engaging the firm in the fall of 2017, Verasolve has consistently generated positive news coverage about Electrosoft and our services in targeted vertical trade publications and business outlets, secured numerous award wins through well-crafted award nominations and advanced our thought leadership posture in the industry through articles and blogs.”Sarbari GuptaPresident and CEO, Electrosoft